Thursday, August 20, 2009

"I'm not a baby! I'm a BIG boy!!!

Another year has past and he doesn't seem to stop growing no matter how hard I beg and cry. My sweet little one is a big 3 year old. How did this happen. Life is cruel sometimes. We didn't have to big of an ordeal planned. Just a weekend of fun with the family. But a family of our size is an instant party. So I'm not worried that he didn't feel special. Still a lot of people to celebrate with love. We took him to dinner. A birthday dinner at Jason's deli. Our kids favorite. I think they just go for the ice cream!
Kelland takes his ice cream seriously!

Mom: "Jaren take a lick of your ice cream so I can take a picture."
Jaren: "But it's sooo cold mom!!"
Layton: "that's why they call it ice cream Jaren." (cue eye roll)



Then (of course) a trip to TOYS R US. A tradition. We always take the birthday boys there to pick out a toy of thier choice..................Well, with in reason anyway. He always goes straight to the big wheels. After this, nothing seems as good.




model cars? No, just not the same.





Model Airplanes? A little better.






Remote control airplane? Yeah!! That will do!
Helping daddy put it together before bedtime.







This was when Grandma and Grandpa or Nana and Papaw called to wish a happy birthday. I can't remember who it was exactly, but both times it looked just like this. He really enjoys talking on my phone. Pretty soon he will be begging for one of these for his birthday. They start way to young. Am I right?!





Sunday was his actual birthday. So we had some friends come over to celebrate with cake, ice cream and presents.



Kelland was counting the candles for him and anticipating digging in.




"Happy birthday to Brigham! Happy birthday to you!"




Present time!!


Lightning McQueen is his favorite Disney character. What a shocker for a kid who LOVES cars!




Thank you Oma!!! You always sends books and the kids are never disappointed!

Come on Brigham. Be nice and let Kelland have a turn!


Our sweet friend Jeniffer is always there for my boys. She shows them so much love and they LOVE her for it. I swear, they would spend all day with her...... And have before. It just wouldn't be a party without her there to celebrate!

Best present of all. And of course the cheapest!

Brigham is an amazing kid. Very animated and funny. I love to be around him. Always puts a smile on my face. I hope it was a special day. Only the best for my little man.

4 comments:

Nana/Mom said...

love it!!! How much fun, and Brig is soo animated. I knew that is what he looked like when we were talking to him. Thanks Love Mom

Anonymous said...

What a handsome "bunch" of little men!
Great photos as usual and everyone
looks great and healthy.
Thanks - glad Brig liked the books.
Take care - love, Grandma/Oma

Mandy Stewart said...

What a qt. Of Course I LOVE the black and white cake pic! You don't even haveto imagine what their face look like! Send that one into a contest and you'll for sure win!

tiffany knox said...

oh man please never cut those curls! you have to have a girl just for the beautiful curly hair you guys produce!