Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I can't help but brag alittle!






Layton has finally found a sport that he loves AND is good at.
FOOTBALL!
It started in the fall with watching OSU football games with his father, and then playing football video games none stop. Then it went to him picking up a football and never letting go of it for 6 months. When he found out there was going to be a football team he could play on in the spring he begged us for the chance. I was ok with it because it is flag football so no tackling. They have practice twice a week and the first week it was easy to see that he was a natural. The coaches were impressed and couldn't believe that this was his first year playing. They made him the main quarterback for the team and they are 6 and 0 with 3 more games to go. The NFL sponsors this program so they have real NFL team jerseys. Layton's team is the Detroit Lions. (They are white and blue not blue and white) He loves playing and takes the game very seriously. As of right now this is what he wants to do when he grows up. And his father couldn't be more proud of him. The first game Don told me that the other parents around him were saying things like "wow that kid is good." And there's Don beaming as only a proud parent can saying "that's my Son". In fact I don't know who was more excited Layton or Don. So the rest of that weekend they both couldn't stop talking about it and the future. It's so fun to see them so happy together and connecting as father and son. Next stop......
THE PLAY OFFS!
GOOD JOB LAYTON!
GO LIONS!!!

7 comments:

daveandlisa said...

That is awesome. Good job Layton!!! I'm totally impressed. He's going to get all the ladies now.

Natalie said...

I can just picture him as an OSU Quarterback charming the press, his golden hair shining... :) You rock, Layton!

Mandy Stewart said...

I LOVE IT!!! I am a proud AUNT already! I can't wait to watch hime be a star! Tell him I am proud to have him for a nephew! BRAG All you want. I would love to hear more!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, thanks so much for this, wow, wish we could be there to watch!!! I will be taking this home to his proud PaPaw. Watch out OSU, here he comes!!!! Patsi-Nana

Anonymous said...

That is a terrific job Layton!

Opa and Oma are very proud of you!
Keep up the good work.

Best to all of you - much love -
think of you often,
Oma

Anonymous said...

That's my boy! I'm just glad he's having fun, but it is great to see him excell and lead a group of 8 year olds.

I love you buddy! If only you could find a way to be good at room cleaning; that would be awesome!

Love, Daddy

tiffany knox said...

I am so excited I love football games by the time he's in highschool Ill be able to afford to come wach him play!