Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Cally!

Well, I want to give a big shout out to my friend Cally on her special day. We were the best of friends all through our teen years. And after graduation (as with all those relationships back then) we went our separate ways. But because of this wonderful thing called Facebook (as if no one else had heard of it), my sister Natalie found our long lost friend. We soon found out that we were all into blogging. And soon rekindled our friendships once again. Her blog is on the top of my list to read. Not just because she is a dear friend but because it is truly entertaining. She hasn't changed much and the changes made were for the better. I love that she LOVES being a Mother. And I love how talented she is. Her bags and drawings are to die for. Also she is a gifted writer. Very clever and witty. She has adorable children and takes wonderful pictures of them. If she had more time she could be a very accomplished photographer. I love that we still have a lot in common and that are friendship is still as strong.

So I know that we decided to swap talent for talent and do an exchange around our birthdays. But I've got to tell you I am a bit nervous. I've seen what you can do with your bags but you were very sweet to go on blind faith to exchange your hard work for my jewelry. I'll admit your style is different then mine and so it posed a little more of a challenge for me. But I like a challenge. And I pride myself in custom jewelry, making any style my own. I hope I accomplished that. This is also the first time I have displayed my work. So I am a bit shy about that as well. I know I need to quit doddling and just do it already. So This is for you, my dear, sweet friend. I hope you like it.
An antique version of something you loved and wanted.

This photo I got off of your Blog. You posted some cool art that you really liked. See if you can remember which one it was. It was my favorite.

A mothers bracelet with your children's birth crystals.

Happy Birthday Cally. And ENJOY! It was fun making it for you.

9 comments:

cally said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!! Holy cow, Cherstin, you really are talented! And I love the pictures you took of them, too. And the JOhn Golden print?! So awesome. I love them all. I'm so excited!

HOORAY!!!

You're still the best.
Thanks for the awesome trade.

Happy Birthday to us.

Nana/Mom said...

Happy Birthday to you both!!! Awesome stuff on both your sites.
Chersin, I proudly wear my Nana bracelet, and have received a ton of compliments on it. It makes me so happy to say "thank you, my favorite daughter in law made it for me". Cally, love the bags, and your blog, I follow it 'cause you make me smile. hugs Mom/Patsi

Chelsie said...

Ah, Cherstin. You have such a talent of making others feel AMAZINGLY special! I still remember my birthday gift. Caleb can't get over how, "sparkwee," it is. I love it! I'm sure your friend feels the same :).

Emily said...

CHERSTIN!!! I am beyond impressed!
Gorgeous, amazing, etc.
LOVE YOU!

Taffy said...

Love those pieces! You should be proud to have made them and I am sure Cally will be proud to wear them. That hidden talent isn't so hidden anymore! The jewelry is great and the pics you took of them are really nicely done.

BTW- Thanks for the note on Valentines. I bet you have 5 fabulous ones at home too!

MissRebecca said...

Happy Birthday sweet Cally. From the first day we met you we loved you and still adore you to this day. Have a wonderful birthday sweetheart. Miss you tons!

Excellent work Cherstin - just gorgeous!!!!

tiffany knox said...

yay! its official! nat is coming plane tickets in hand. the 23rd - 27th please please please come its just a thursday through monday everyone is coming but you please come Im begging! it will be priceless. what do you say?

Sandberg Family said...

I'm so glad you guys are good friends again. You are both so talented. I'm so proud of you. I miss you Cherstie!!!! Hugs and kisses to all the kids!!! We love you guys so much!!!! Mom

Becca & Joel said...

Missing you... let's get together... (yeah, yeah, yeah!) Sorry, couldn't help myself, there is a song for everything, right?