Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'm a bit embarrassed to say, but yes, I loved it!!!!

Sorry I've been away for a while. I wish I had a good excused but truly, I don't. I have a little confession to make. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm a Twilight fan. It all started when I asked a few friends of mine (who are really into the books) to take me to see the Twilight movie for my birthday. They asked If I had read the book yet and I confessed and said no, Which to me, is the whole point of making a movie from a book. But they insisted that I read it before seeing it. In all honesty, I knew that wasn't going to happen because I wasn't going to wast my time or money on the book. But my dear friend bought me a copy for my birthday and all the sudden I felt very obligated to read it. The first half of the book I struggled. It was hard to get into. but as soon as you get through that point your hooked. and I couldn't put it down. I hate to admit all this because it goes against my normal reaction to this sort of thing. Any big craze out there that has to do with love crushes that make girls scream and cry uncontrollably, I run away from feeling ashamed for sharing the same x chromosome as them. Plus, I don't read. I have never been the best reader ( it's a comprehension thing) and the last book I read all the way through was when Layton was a baby (when I had time) and it took me about 2 to 3 weeks to read. And it was a good book. But this series however is different. It captivated me. It was easy to read and to understand. Filling your mind with graphic images. Very riveting. The love story is beautiful and electric. Literally! And the characters are complex and intriguing. The books are suspenseful with plenty of action that became very real in my mind. The sadness and sorrow in the books were heartbreaking and you could not help but feel that emotion through the words. Their are 4 books in the series plus half a book on the Internet that wasn't completed and I read all of them in 2 weeks. I didn't do much else but take care of the things I needed to and read. I've lost a few pounds because eating wasn't a priority and I am defiantly sleep deprived. But it was worth it. It is truly that good. If you don't believe me, I dare you to read it for yourself. And if you have read it then you know what I'm talking about. I know it's kind of embarrassing. It's hard to compare myself with the tweeners out there screaming and fanning themselves to not faint from Edward-itis. But it wasn't like that for me. And maybe it wont be like that for you. Come on...... I won't make fun if you don't!?!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello -
Glad you enjoyed the books - never mind that
they were intended for teens - reading is
a good thing - I do it all the time.
It keeps me going and it is great sometimes to escape the reality of life.
Hope, dear Cherstin, you will keep on reading.
Love, to you & all the men in your life.
Grandma/Oma

Maren said...

Well all my sister except for Virginia and my mom have read and loved them.
I am so glad that you enjoyed them. We are the crazy fans. So you can come and be nerdy with us if you want!! :)

Nana/Mom said...

Hi, ok, I reserved it at the library, I'll let you know. hugs
mom

Natalie said...

You were the last one holding out! Now when we all get together we can be Twerds...together! When I told Erin about you reading and loving it, she said, "Oh! I love Newborns!" (that's what you are called on TwilightMoms.com, I guess) I thought it was cute. :) So glad your friends got you to do what I couldn't.

Anita said...

My daughter convinced me to read them. Brian didn't understand. He walked in the bedroom one day and I was literally laying on top of the clean unfolded laundry on top of the bed reading. He said, "How can you just lay on top of clean laundry and read?" I looked up for a second and went right back to reading.

Anonymous said...

(Shaking head) your only supposed to read books that make you love ME more! I need to get you a Tina Turner book or something...

Christy said...

Oh my goodness! I just recently gave up and read them too. I'm on the fourth one now and love them. I feel like the Cullens are family. Weird, uh? Well, I just started my own blog and decided I had to keep in touch with you. I've been looking at your blog for over an hour and it's after 10 pm and I'm not sure how long I'll be able to stay awake tonight to read. Oh well, I've enjoyed reading up on your family. I soooo wish we were closer. Aunt Nancy is not doing well. She's is ICU. I visited this evening. So, keep her in your prayers. Love and miss you!