Monday, March 23, 2009

A brcelet for Nana



My Mother-in-law and I have a special relationship. It's one that I Cherish. We have a lot in common and a lot of the same interests. Some of those interests are Beading and my children. I wanted to give a special gift. One that expressed how grateful I am to have her in my life. Not just as mother, but mostly a great friend. I think that describes our relationship perfectly. We are great friends. So I decided I would go with my strengths and make her something she could wear. It's a mothers bracelet but with a twist. A Nana bracelet. It has all of her grandchildren initials with their birth crystals hanging from them. She loves copper metal the most so that was fun and different to work with. I'm proud of how it turned out and best of all so was she.
Thanks for being there for me Patsi. You have been my geinni pig with my jewelry for a while now. And it's only getting better. I appreciate you!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Ooo...that's pretty. Good work sis! What's the 'h' stand for?

Cherstin said...

Hayden. That's Karis baby that's coming next month.

Nana/Mom said...

Yes, it is soo pretty. I have had so many compliments on it. And the best part is that Cherstin made it for me!!!
A most special and treasured gift, from a gifted and treasured friend! More than an in law. I am glad you chose my son, and that he chose you.
You and I have always been able to bounce ideas off each other. How lucky am I!!!
Thanks so very much for the wonderful blog. You know how much I love you!!!
Mom

Mandy Stewart said...

Ooo So pretty Cher. I am glad you and patsi are so close. That makes me happy. And tell Karu I love HAYDEN! Again you are so talented Cher!

Emily said...

Ah, tears!
Cherstin, that is beyond sweet. I miss you.

I hope I get to talk to you soon!!!
I love you sweetie and hope you and the kids and Don are all well!
Em