Monday, August 2, 2010

Morris zoo

It's True! Right now, as I type, I am holding my sweet baby girl. In all her pink glory. She was born on may 19th. She has been with us for eleven weeks now and we are all taken with her. Her name is Evelynn but for the most part we call her Evie. She has lots of blond hair and looks just like each of her brothers. So much in fact, it's hard to remember that she came with girl parts. All of my boys were eager to come, and came quickly. Evie on the other hand fought us every step of the way and took her time. When she did arrive she was angry and let us know it. She came to us at a good 7 pounds 6 ounces, but lost a lot of weight quickly and was in the six and a half pound ranges for awhile. She was under a watchful eye for weeks before she got back to her birth weight. And now she keeps growing strong and adding a few cute rolls that make your heart melt. She was a long baby at 21 inches. With long fingers and long narrow feet. She takes after daddy there. And now she is pretty healthy with the occasional tummy trouble and thrush that seems to be hanging around longer then we would like. She sleeps good threw the night but rarely sleeps during the day. So it's close to impossible to keep up with all that life demands with a family of 7. Having a girl is even more then I imagined. I'm really enjoying all that comes with it and looking forward to what will come. I do wish however, that I was in charge of when and how she grows. If I could just freeze her at this age she's at now for awhile. And then when I'm ready I'd let her move on to the next stage. If I could have a super power that's what I would like it to be. Wishful thinking, I know, but you can't help what you day dream about. The best I can do now are with pictures. That's why I end up with so many, I don't even know what to do with. I'm so grateful for her. And for the feeling of a complete family. She's our caboose and all I can say is.... I'm happy it's PINK!

16 comments:

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

She's so beautiful, Cherstin! Enjoy!

Nana/Mom said...

There she is, as you said in all of her pink glory. What a blessing. And you are right, I think that she looks like all of her brothers.

Can't wait to meet her, 9/18 won't get here fast enough!!! love Nana/mom

Nana/Mom said...

oh, and I know why she wasn't in a hurry to get here, she heard all of the boys out there and thought, nope, I am NOT coming out LOL

Malisa said...

Love all the pink glory!! Can't wait to see her again and see how much she has grown.

Malisa said...

Oh ya, and if you figure out how to get that super power I would like you to share the secret or at least freeze my little ones upon request. Thanks!!

Chelsie said...

YAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!

Uncork and Unwined said...

She is beautiful Cherstin! We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are back "blogging"!
I am sure you are busy x 5.

Our little Evie is so cute and I look forward
to Sept. 18, just like Nana/Mom.

All the photos are great as usual - like the one
of Donnie especially - he looks a little perplexed -
I know why - IT'S A GIRL.
Take care and stay cool - love to ALL
Grandma/Oma

Mandy Stewart said...

Yeah! Pictures... post more!!!!! Current ones! PLS..plS! Gotta love those boys cuddling their sister! Preciouse!

Taffy said...

Awwww! So cute! Understand you must be sooooo busy but am glad you posted some pics. Evie is a cutie pie and her brothers certainly look taken with her!

Emilee said...

So happy to see your post!! Love the pictures! She is beautiful! Give us more pics please!

Shari Goodman said...

Congratulations! So glad you got a little something pink. So much fun.

Christy said...

I'm so happy for you, a girl! Wish I was close by so I could help you out some. I can't wait to see her. Come visit M-town soon!

Becca & Joel said...

Oh, Cherstie! She is a DOLL! I'm so happy for you, and jealous! We have onemore month to wait for Quincy's little sister to get here, and we are all SO ready - well, mostly me. The last few weeks really get to you, huh? Seeing hospital pix of you and Evie gets me even more excited! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

sweet

Anonymous said...

her new bornpussy is soooooo nice love a taste of her