Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Babies, Sisters and Friends......... OH MY!!!!!

My Utah trip was awesome! All I was concerned about was taking care of my sister Tiffany, hanging out with my family and taking pictures. I got to do all of these things and by the length of this post you'll see I mean it. I had way to much fun with my camera. I have some adorable nieces and nephews that I really just couldn't resist. I had fun trying new things and learning new things about my camera. We had a few photo sessions and I was happy to see the kids just as excited and helpful to have there pictures taken. We had fun.
Isn't he adorable?! Cohen Warner was born April 20th. And he was 6lbs 15 oz. He was a shorty at 18 inches long. He was so much fun to hold and watch. Pretty content until mom wanted to nap then for some reason would find his lungs. He was very photogenic for such a little tike. I had fun snapping picture after picture of this sweet angel.




Tiffany is my youngest sister and sometimes I have a hard time not thinking of her as a little kid still. But she truly amazes me as a mother. Very loving and giving. And those kids listen to her. Something they wouldn't do for me. (I didn't mind though) She was just coming home from surgery and was having a hard time. But she was determined to have fun with us and not be left out. Sometimes I think she could handle anything.


My sister Mandy and Cohen. We all loved holding him.


Chris is a wonderful father and husband. It was fun to get to know him better on this trip.


So I was all dolled up. With Mandy (the hairdresser) there to do my hair and Natalie there to do my make-up I was set for the runways. Of course that wasn't going to happen so the front room would have to do. I went first and then it was Mandy's turn.



This is how our nights were spent. Siting down in front of the TV. Watching a girly flick. Laughing, taking pictures and eating chocolate. This was the best part of the trip. Just being with my family. My Aunt Linda was there also because she lives close to Tiffany. She is my mothers oldest sister. They are so fun to watch. They always act like they're 13 yr old when they get together. Always hugging on each other and giggling. I wonder if my sisters and I look like that to our kids. That's a funny thought. Anyway, I think they were the true entertainment.


On Sunday Natalie and I got to Temple Square while we were there. The flowers were gorgeous and the buildings amazing. It was a cold day though and we didn't have to long to dilly dally. I can't wait to go back. Very beautiful!
These are some pictures from the photo shoots that I had with the kids.
Anzlie was wonderful with the baby. She loved to help out her mom.



Landon is a very sweet boy. And funny. He reminded me a lot of my boys so I had a special place in my heart for him.


And this sweet little girl Ciera, stole my heart! I couldn't get enough of her. I would just follow her around thinking that I wanted one of those. My sister Mandy would do her hair so cute and I just wanted to kiss her and squeeze her and call her mine. She got sick while we were there with a high fever. And when she just wanted me to hold her it made my trip. I miss her.




Mandy's little man,Tyson! The youngest of the group. He was stuck to Mandy like glue. So very cute. A sweet personality full of wonder.

We had such a good time. But I was ready to get back to my kids and my life. I've never been away from them for this long. I'm glad I did it though. It's good to be away so you can appreciate what you have. I haven't told my husband this yet but we have started a tradition of getting together every year from here on out. Something that we can't deny ourselves anymore. I'm going to have to make that up to him somehow. I will! I promise Honey. You were wonderful through all of this and I thank you!
Ok! Now it's your turn!


10 comments:

Nana/Mom said...

What fun!!!

Mandy Stewart said...

That was great cher! You are sooo talented. You have to get your classes done and open up shop. I want your camera. I need more!! Will you email me more when ever you get a chance.... Like the ones of us all sitting on the couch.

Can't wait till next years trip. Where shall we go?

Sandberg Family said...

Wow! Awesome! That was so fun to see these wonderful pictures to remind me of our trip. Thank you so much Cherstin for all the great pictures! You are sooo good! Keep it up! I love you soooooo much! Mom

Natalie said...

Love 'em, Chersty! Great job!

Christy said...

Wow! You do take great pictures. I'm so glad I'm getting to see you and your extended family at least through pics. You guys are truly beautiful in and out! Of course, it does make me miss you too. I know I need some girly nights. I'm just too tom boy but I didn't have a choice either:)

Sandberg Family said...

Wow to you and your talents! This is a wonderful record of a family celebrating the arival of a new life! I am so proud of you. Thanks for sharing your pictures

DAD!

Anonymous said...

Cherstin,
All I can say is: you have a career ahead of you
as a photographer.
Those a wonderful photos - keep up the good
work.
I can appreciate your enjoying all the
ladies in your family.
Would have liked to be a mouse!
Take care,
Grandma
PS: There are some e-mail cards for you check it out

tiffany knox said...

I have a computer again thanks for this post. I love it! it was so special to me to have you all there and I am so glad you know how to edit pictures and make them so nice. you are so talented.

Linda Campbell said...

13! You're giving us a lot of credit I think! ha. It was so fun-I just loved being with you all! You are the sweetest girls in the world and so fun to be around!
Love ya!

daveandlisa said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun together. I'm so jealous! You guys are truly the best family ever! And you got some great shots with your camera!!! I am so impressed. What kind of camera do you have? Well, anyway I miss seeing you guys ever. Now that we're moving back to AZ, maybe I'll get to see you guys once in awhile when you go to visit. :-)