Tuesday, May 26, 2009

For sweet little Jansie!







Jansie is 8 months old and is allergic to milk. She has spent a lot of her little life in the hospital just trying to find out what was wrong. There were other problems as well but as soon as they figured the food allergy out her life became a whole lot better. Her mother asked me to make her a cute bracelet for her to wear, and of course, I can't pass up an opportunity to make small little girly things. I made it with rainbow colored beads so that she could wear it with mostly anything. And it has a magnetic clasp so it will just pull apart when tugged on or is snagged on something. This was very fun to do. And I need more little girls to get my fix of "the girly" stuff that I don't get nearly as much of as I would like. Oh well, maybe someday.

10 comments:

Mandy Stewart said...

Very cute. I love it. Whear did you get the font for the words? I wear my neclace almost every sunday. I love you

Chelsie said...

I LOVE this idea! How many rashy bottoms could my poor little boys have avoided if they had been wearing something like this. I thought of stamping it on thier forehead... Just kidding.
My boys dumb mom is always forgetting to tell the babysitters that they are allergic to milk... Goodness.

Nana/Mom said...

Morning!!!
Your creativity and talent amaze me!!! Love it, and remember, you can make your own girly things too, and for me. He He He Love ya! Mom

Natalie said...

So great! I absolutely love it. Will you make one for Erin's daughter? How strong is the magnet clasp. I'd be worried it would get lost easily...no?

Cherstin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cherstin said...

The macnet clasps are best for kids. At least that is what I have found. You know, the whole trial and error thing. The clasps are pretty strong. It has to be a fairly good tug to pull them apart. And it is easier to find a bracelet has a whole, then it is to find little beads every where. I've tried stretchy wire but it doesn't hold up as good and tends to stretch out and look bad. But what ever you want i can make. Just let me know.

Anonymous said...

Hello -
Your talent does not seem to have any
boundary.
The little bracelet must be a God sent.
Take care - Love, Grandma
Best to the guys!

Erin Hibbitt said...

Cherstin,
You really need to start your own business. This bracelet and the "new mom" necklace are beautiful and so unique. I love them!

Sandberg Family said...

Wow! Cherstin you are so awesome and talented. I wish I could say you got all of that from me but no. I'm so proud of you!!!! Mom

Don said...

Very cute sweetheart, but I don't think
Brig will ever forgive your for putting something girly on him. Can you please start your own business? I need a sugar momma!