Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Babies, sisters and friends..........OH MY!

Sorry it's been so long. But I had 2 trips back to back that left me to busy to blog. But I'm back and fully recovered and cant wait to show you all my pictures. Both trips went perfectly. Don was awesome with the kids and taking care of everything while I was gone. I'm so grateful to have him. After he excepted all of this I think he was just as excited as I was. Which just means I wont feel so guilty for next time.Hee hee!
The first trip to Ohio was nothing less then extraordinary. It's not every day that you witness miracles. I was fortunate enough to be there for my sister (in-law) while she delivered her first child. Having done this 4 times myself, I always wondered why people always acted like it was such a phenomenon. I think when you have 9 months to prepare yourself for that exact moment and your working and focusing so hard to just get the baby out already, it takes away from the "phenomenon" your so much a part of. It's not that I took it for granted before this, just that now I understand it from a different perspective and it is amazing. It's more of an awesome site when you don't have to work for it. (I hope I explained myself alright. I don't want to be getting any hate comments) Hayden Avery was born on April 15 and she was 8 pounds, 5 ounces. She had a very full head of hair. And the most beautiful skin I've ever seen. She is absolutely gorgeous. I got to hold her and and then hand her to her fabulous mother after the nurses cleaned her up for the first time. SO AWESOME!!!. Kari was amazing. She had to push for 3 hours and I could see her losing endurance. She was exhausted but she never complained. She took it like a trooper. Singing along to the country songs in the back ground between pushes. Funny, right? She is an amazing mother already. (I knew she would be) She asked me to be there for her to help out but she really didn't need me. She knew what to do. I just was there to encourage her. Maternal instincts are another miracle all on it's own. I am so proud of her. Thanks again Kari.

Before her first bath at home.







Home for the first time. Zion, their puppy, was so excited to greet her new sister with a kiss.












I also got to see some old High School friends while I was there. My trip was short, so my visits with them were also short. I really wish I had the time to really enjoy everybody on a more intimate level but I'll just have to save that for next time. I took my camera with me when I went to meet up with my gal pals Emily and Becky. We met at a park so their kidos could play and have fun while we caught up on the last 15yrs. YIKES! That just made me sound really old. Anyway, The setting was perfect for pictures. The sun, a playground and happy children. What could be better. These pics are for you guys. I love you!















Tomorrow the second part of my trip. It was a sister fest. With all of my sisters and my mother and her sister. A very girly weekend. Every girl should have one of these. It's just that fun!















6 comments:

Nana/Mom said...

Hello there-this was worth the wait. You could do this for a living (blogging), and helping with deliveries. Thanks for being there for her.

Donnie-you are pretty terrific too!! What a great dad!!

Looking forward to the next installment-love you Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Cherstin,
What wonderful photos, not just of Hayden
but the new Dad and new Mom too!
Thank you Donnie, for making it possible.

Thank you too for having enough time to shop and lunch. I enjoyed our time together.
Looking forward to your next blog.

It was wonderful to have you here - even for a short
time.
Love to you and ALL the men in your life,
Grandma/Oma

cally said...

Aw, man!! I'm jealous.

Emily said...

Oh Cherstin, I love you so. Next time we will lure Cally!
Such sweet gifts are those that NO time goes by when you see each other.
You are such a special and beloved friend. Thank you and I love you.
Emily

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

Great pictures, Cherstin. You look right comfortable with a baby girl in your arms....

MissRebecca said...

Cherstin... I cannot tell you how special it was to get to see you when you were in Columbus... I felt like I was smiling all day! Just like Em said... it was as if no time had passed at all:) Love you and truly miss you already:( Thanks for making time to see Em and I!!!