Monday, July 13, 2009

CAMPING?! ME?! Who would have thought!






I'm sorry about all the pictures. This is for my sister as well. So a picture gallery is what has to happen I guess!

































































































































FINDING FIREWOOD!

NIGHT TIME MAGIC!





























MORNING DIP!















If you know me, you know that I am not that fond of the camping thing. Unless it involves a trailer/ camper of some sort with a mattress and a bathroom. Tents? Not my thing. Bugs? Hate them! Toilets dug out of the ground by my 9 yr old? NO THANK YOU!!! So against my better judgment, I agreed to a camp out with my sisters family. Not wanting to look like the wuss. Aside from the things I hate most, I have got to say I was pleasantly surprised. It was actually a lot of fun. Lots of work but also a lot of down time to just relax as well. My sister and her family have a boat that we take out on the lake every time we visit. We always go around and in between islands with campers doing their thing and we thought it was our turn for the adventure. It's a lot of prep work to get everybody out there with tents and food and blankets, pillows, life jackets ect, ect. It's a wonder we got it all done to enjoy ourselves. The night was the best part for me. kids asleep, us next to the fire enjoying each other. Romantic in a way. The kids had fun swimming and looking for fire wood. They all became campfire experts. It was hard to keep it safe some times. The highlight for them was the s'mores though, I'm sure. In the morning after the Daddy's woke up, it was tubing time. Everybody took turns in the tube that was pulled by the boat. Lot's of fun. I.m glad it was for just one night though. Sleeping on the sand is ruff on the hips and back. Nobody got a lot of sleep but it was worth it. Great fun!!!!!!!

I didn't get pictures of some of our highlights like the tubing and the s'mores. I was afraid to take my camera out on the boat and I was to busy with s'more building to stop for pictures. Sad I know but I got some great photos.

9 comments:

cally said...

Where did you guys go?!

Shucks. I like tents.

Cherstin said...

Silly Cally! Tents are for kids!)

Nana/Mom said...

Looks like it was a grand time!!!

and you are right, the last place I would expect to find you would be in a tent, LOL!!!

Love you all, Mom/Nana

Natalie said...

Oh yeah! Thanks sis. I was dying to see these and I've saved them to my puter now. xoxox!
Cally, it was just up the street from my house- one of the many tiny islands on Lake Sydney Lanier.

Natalie said...

what about the fireworks night? Did those pics turn out?

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

Cherstin slept in a tent, Cherstin slept in a tent...

You'll be a den leader if word gets out - careful....

And WOW, did you picnik her blue eyes, or is that natural? Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Cherstin you get a GOLD STAR for the
pics and for staying in a tent!
Brig seems always to be surprised by the world.
Handsome boys and pretty girls - those blue
eyes.
Cherish the times you have together, whatever
you do.
LOL, Grandma/Oma

Mandy Stewart said...

That looks Awesome! I m glad you did it. I bet those kids will remember that trip FOREVER!!!! Love the pic of the 3 boy running... and all of them. GREAT PICS.
Brigg reminds me a bit of TY

Mandy Stewart said...

Jaren has REALLY grow up this year. Catching up with Layton!