Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My Truck!

We bought this Power Wheels Hummer almost 3 years ago as a Christmas present for the boys. Brigham was 6 months old then. They got to ride it once before the battery died and never came back to life. It has been sitting in our back yard all this time just waiting for us to get a new "whatever" to help it work again. Part of our delay I think was that none of the children seemed to care much if it worked or not. But Brigham has always been interested in cars and would climb on in pretending that it would work. Well, one day last week Daddy came home with the new "whatever" that was needed and fixed it for Brig so he could really enjoy it. He loves to take rides in "daddy's truck" so it's not surprising that he calls this toy "my truck". He rides it everyday so far. All day if he can help it. He loves his truck!





















If you have one of these power wheels, you know that the battery doesn't last forever. And eventually needs to be recharged. When the battery is low it will just stop moving not having enough power to to keep it going. If you let it sit for a while the power builds up just enough to go for a bit more and it starts all over again. Well a 2 year old doesn't understand this, to him it's just broken. When it would stop he would run to me to tell me that his truck was broken, that he needed to fix it. Screaming this to me as he is looking for tools to use to work with. He found a screwdriver and some pliers and got to work. He would work on it for a bit and get back in. And to his surprise his truck would move. Until it ran out of "juice" and would stop. Then he would start all over again. He is just to cute for words. Really, he keeps me smiling!



I don't know if you have ever done this....But sometimes I look at a picture of my children and see the future. Something was captured in that split second that revels an older version of what I see before me. In this picture it is Brigham. The way he is standing looking over the car. Something tells me I will see this again Someday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Cherstin & Men,

I am speechless! What wonderful photos
and the expressions on the boys faces
are priceless!
Way to go Mom -
Love and 0x0x0x to All
Grandma/Oma

Nana/Mom said...

Like Papaw, like father, like son...I can see it too. GREAT photo's-man are they getting big or what.

Looks like they are having so much fun, and such concentration

Hugs, Nana

Shelly said...

So Cute!!!! It is amazing how things like pictures can take us to places that we are found of and scare of. Our kids grow up way to fast. Miss you!
Rochelle

Chelsie said...

I LOVE the expressions towards one another that you caught. Such good photography. You are amazing Cherstin!

Mandy Stewart said...

Best post of the year! I love kids and their passion. What a QT. Having Boys I can soooooo relate!
i absolutly see him fixing his truck up as a teen/daddy!