Thursday, August 21, 2008

Date Night!!!

Kelland asked me on a date and I just couldn't refuse. His gorgeous blue eyes and charming little smile stole my heart away. What can I say, I'm in love. He wanted to play video games. So we went to a place called FUNtastics here in town. It's a lot like chuck E Cheese. Instead of tokens though, they have the card system instead. I put 5 dollars on the card which was plenty for the both of us. His favorite game was the snow mobile. The seat is shaped like a real snow mobile. When the game starts it blows wind in your face like your really moving. And the seat vibrates and stuff like that. we played that one over and over again. After our money was gone we turned in all the tickets he won and got a toy. He really enjoyed that. we were really hungry at this point so it was off to the Dixie Cafe for dinner. This is where I had the most fun. Because this is where I got to see Kelland for who he really is and not just as my 3rd child. I knew he was imaginative. but what I didn't know was how creative he was. I had brought my camera and was taking pictures of the both of us. Then after we did that a couple of times he said to me "OK Mom, now lets pretend we are asleep. Now take a picture of me with a funny face. My turn to take a picture of you with a funny face." And he didn't like the face I was making so he posed me the way he wanted me and then said "ok Mom, don't move. It was so fun to see him get creative with me. We also played ACTION-FINGERS. It's where you turn your hand into a mini person who goes around saving the world. The ACTION-FINGERS would air surf with the french frys avoiding the ketchup lava. It was fun. He's very sweet and was hugging me and giving me kisses all night long. I normally don't go that far on a first date but I couldn't help it, He's got me mesmerised by his boyish charm. We had so much fun, and I can't wait for him to ask me out again!!




3 comments:

Natalie said...

that's so dang cute! I'm glad you got to do that before daddy got home. And btw, WELCOME HOME DON!!!!!!!!

Megan said...

That is a cute boy! I love your funny faces. How special for those boys that they have a date with their mom. Thanks again for inviting me yesterday. I have your pix for you. I put one on my blog, hope you don't mind. Welcome home Don! ~ megan

Mandy Stewart said...

SOOOO CUTE. iwant to do this with my boys. what a great tradition sis!