Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ear Surgery Again?!



Poor sweet Kelland. He has had so many problems with his ears. He has had 2 sets of tubes already and his adenoids out. But he still had ear infections. This time they put permanent T-tubes in. These wont come out until they are taken out And that wont be for at least 3 years. Which, by that time, we hope he can be over this stage of his life.
We had his hearing checked because he wouldn't listen very well. For about a year he had significant hearing loss in one ear because it was blocked. He has never had good balance and because of that he is very clumsy and he runs funny. I hope that this will help him and he can start to run normal. He is starting school and kids can be cruel. (Yes his run is that bad)
I could tell when we got there that he remembered. He was walking like he was going to his doom. Head down, dragging his feet and sighing every once in a while. I felt so bad for him. I have to say he did great though. Very brave. He took his goofy juice like a man, which was a big deal because the last 2 times he would spit it out everywhere. Also, after the goofy juice started working and they were ready to take him I would walk half way with him in my arms and they would have to pull him away from me with that confused, groggy look on his face. This time he just hopped into his bed and they wheeled him away. He barely seemed to care that I was still there. I actually missed him clinging to me. It made me realize he is growing up. And I miss him.


Waiting for all the doctors to come in can be pretty boring. But we made up for it. Oh the fun you can have when you have a camera. (he always likes to play like he is asleep for the camera. I know, I don't get it either but it sure is funny)

He had the camera for a while. This was the only picture that made sense. I sat there and posed several times but he wouldn't take the picture unless I was waving. Funny huh?

I took this picture because he was starting to act real funny. And you could just see on his face that the goofy juice, as they put it, was taking effect.

So into bed he went.

And off to dream world. Sweet dreams my sweet baby................ Oh they grow up so fast.

Just to prove it here was is first ear surgery. He wasn't quite 2 yet I don't think. But really in the space of 3 years he has changed this much. That is mind-boggling! Don't you think? (Isn't he so cute and precious! I could just eat him up he was so cute!) Also, just on a side note........ This was taken before he started getting treatments for his Immune deficiency. Look how pale he was. I knew then that my 3 boys were pale and that this was the cause of it but to see how different he is now is kind of amazing. I just found that interesting. (See Natalie and Tiffany it does help)


I put these two pictures in because it goes to show that some things don't change. Just funny that I got the same picture without knowing it.

What a cutie! He recovered very well and I am happy to say that we are already seeing improvements in his balance and hearing. Thank goodness! Hopefully we wont have to worry about it for a long time.

6 comments:

Casey said...

Poor kid. And poor you. I remember all that worrying and back and forth to the doctor and ear infections. I hope this is it for him. He deserves a break from the doctors and hospitals.

Natalie said...

Wow! How did I not know about this? That's a big deal! What a sweetie. That last picture of tiny him looks just like Briggy. Kelland is a sweetheart. I love him so much!

Nana/Mom said...

Oh my, hope this takes care of it. What a little trooper, and you are right about being pale, I didn't realize how different he looks!!!! And Natalie is right, Kelland and Brig do look so much alike! Boy is he growing up fast.

kisses Patsi

Mandy Stewart said...

So I read this last night and commented but it didn't seem to take so I'll comment again!

I love this kid and hardly know him! What a big brave boy. Tell him I am proud of him. I love the pics of him playing with the controle. I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I am behind reading your blogs.
Glad all went well for Kelland - hope
it will have the desired results.
Best to All - Grandma/Oma

tiffany knox said...

poor guy! so is the ivig treatment helping him at all? landon has not been any better and he started sub q today I am a little discourages why are we torturing them if they're not getting much better? and the needle thing didnt not go as smoothly as they said it would...are you ever discouraged?