Sunday, October 5, 2008

Thank you for calling Pizza Hut. May I take your order?

My sister Natalie challenged all her readers a while back to post one of their embarrassing moments. And I meant to get to it but other things kept coming up and really, I forgot about it. She was even nice enough to create a very well illustrated drawing of that wonderful moment in my life. And I found it yesterday as I was cleaning out my email. So here we go...... Thank you Natalie for pushing me to humiliate myself. I can always count on you.


After giving my sister a hard time I have to admit that this really isn't that bad. It was more funny then embarrassing. But my face still turned a nice shade of pink, non the less. It was one of my very first jobs and I was working at Pizza Hut calling services. You know, "Will this be pick up or delivery?" It was just this big open room with rows of tables with computers and phones.Well it was Friday night, our busiest night, and I was getting tired. I answered the phone with "Thank you for calling Pizza Butt! OH I MEAN..." immediately I heard the guy on the other line burst out laughing. Also the person next to me started laughing and I was so flustered I just hung up on the guy. The person next to me was a friend (thank goodness) and we just laughed about it. I didn't live that down for a long time after. You would think that they would have heard somebody do that before. But they assured me no one had. Whatever! I was a legend in the eyes of my coworkers, or so I told myself. When I got home to tell my family, everybody enjoyed it. Again it was really just funny. A mistake any one of us would make.........Right? Anyway,That was one of many embarrassing moments. If you feel so inclined to do so, Post one of your embarrassing moments for all of us to enjoy. It's fun. And everybody always likes a good laugh. Maybe you're as talented as my sister and can create an image to illustrate to help visualize the moment better. Thanks again Nat. I hope you enjoyed it!

5 comments:

Becca & Joel said...

You're so silly! I love the new look of the blog, the picture is just priceless. Thanks A LOT for picnik... I'm completely addicted now, and everytime I download pictures, I find myself thinking... "hhmmmmmmm, wonder what that would look like with such & such effect, or b/w, or this or that!" I'm completly hooked!

Natalie said...

Yeah! I did work hard on that. I'm glad you finally used it. :) There is a 'Don't you hate it when..." contest you should enter it into. The prize is a mp3 player or something! just check out the link for Shelle on my link list. xoxo! Your new look is so fabulous too. You met you goal of beautiful simplicity very well. Good job! love you tons, sis.

Emilee said...

That was funny! I LOVE the picture... where did your sister get that? You are cute Cherstin!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Cherstin!
You are funny and sweet - believe me
there are more serious mistakes
made by people out there.
Love - best to the guys,
Grandma/Oma

Nick & Cami said...

Hey Cherstie! Thanks for your message! I hope that you are all doing great! I feel so lucky that I got to see you and meet your beautiful family! Keep me updated! Love you