Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!


Our Easter was cold and rainy. It Rained all day. I was so bummed because I got the boys the cutest outfits to take wonderful Easter pictures in. You know, the ones where they are outside searching for Easter eggs with their baskets. Layton wont be doing these types of things much longer so I feel like I am running out of time. He already seems to be humoring me to say the least. But the weather had different plans. Cold , rainy and very windy. I couldn't have even faked it if I wanted to. So pictures were taken inside. And I wasn't feeling inspired in anyway. And the kids just wanted to eat their candy. Posing for pictures was last on their list of things to do. Don always hides the baskets for the kids. A little tradition he is continuing from his childhood. He always does way to good of a job and they always seem to get discouraged. I usually brake down and give them a hint and Don gets mad at me like I ruined the fun. My hints do normally send them straight to it but I just can't seem to help myself. Most of the candy is already gone. I don't think they had a real meal until dinner. There aren't many days where they can get away with eating candy for lunch. All in all, it was a fun family day.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Aw, I'm sorry. I know you like your photo shoots. I got to do it. You'll be so proud. They turned out so great!
They are always so handsome. Briggy looks like his hair is getting red in that top pic!

Nana/Mom said...

Sorry it didn't turn out to be a pretty day, but they sure a handsome bunch of boys!!! Brig's hair is still CURLY, yeah!!!

see you soon. hugs Mom

Anonymous said...

Hello -
Sounds like a normal family
event to me - nothing EVER turns
out the way you want it to!
Great photos of the boys.
Looking forward to seeing you this week.
Love, Grandma/Oma

cally said...

Your boys are so adorable. I love those pictures.

Emily said...

Your pics are wonderful! I know, I envisioned a day of beauty outside too! The kids wouldnt even put on thier outfits.
Its all good. Your boys look GORGEOUS!
And for the record, I would have totally given hints too!
I love you sweetie!
Em

Roman-Krauth Family said...

OK so here in good ole' UT where it is so unpredictable(for example today in 4/15 and it is a snow blizzard outside right now) it rained all last week until Saturday...then Sunday was warm and sunny and then it snowed Monday!!! Can't believe it!! Your pictures are so cute none the less!!

Anonymous said...

At least Layton looks amused in the pictures, right!? We miss you! hope you are loving it!