Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Superbowl Champs!!!!

Well we made it to the play offs and then to the Super Bowl. The game was close with us just scoring one goal in the first 15 min of the game. The rest of the game was spent playing real good defense from both teams. He was so excited to win. And he proudly displays his trophy and shows it to anybody that walks in our door. If anything, this experience has help to prove even more that he was born to play football for the rest of his life! Or so HE thinks. We'll just have to see about that!!! He played really good defense and got a lot of flags. Notice the red flag in his hand. We were so proud of him. I think he improved most on being a more aggressive defensive player this season.
In this game not only did he play quarterback but he also played the receiver position. A couple of pictures of that. Just click on the picture to see it better.

And then the celebration!!! It was so neat to be there with him to celebrate. Lets face it, if daddy were here it would have been him that he was jumping up to. I think for me that was the best part of the game. And I want to thank my friend Megan for being there to take pictures for me. Otherwise I never would have gotten this picture. I almost didn't put it in because it's not the most flattering picture but his hug says it all to me and I will cherish it always. The rest of the day was filled with rounds of "We are the Champions" and big, big smiles. Of course the coach got drenched with Gatorade and then the award ceremony. Each of them received a super bowl champion trophy. All so wonderful and memorable. He will never forget this! I just know it!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there -
Thanks for the great photos of the
game!!!

Hurray for the winners!!!

Will send Layton a card through BlueMountain
today.

You are a good Mom, Cherstin - congratulations
to you too!
Love - the Great-Grandparents
Best to all the guys and you.

Megan said...

Okay~ Totally AWesome Game Layton. We were so excited to be there for it. He is an awesome, awesome player... I see many football games in your future. And I love the picture of him hugging you. I think in the moment it actually made me cry, i miss that response (James doesn't do that anymore)and Layton was soooo happy. Love it. Thanks, Layton, for inviting us and letting us be a part of your day. ~ Megan, James, Jessie, Liam and Myles...

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet Chersty...scoring a "goal"? At least you didn't say they scored a home-run. I guess I have more work to do than I thought. Great game buddy, we're all counting on you to make us rich...I mean uh...

Becca & Joel said...

Loved the last two pictures! I think the hug picture is totally flattering - what are you talking about?!?! You look awesome! I loved the blue smile too!

cally said...

So sweet. He looks so happy. I love it.

Jake wants to play football, real bad. He just got glasses this week and feels like he's lost his chance forever.

Poor dude.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!! FANTASTIC!!! AND GREAT JOB!!! Layton, looks like you had a great time, and mom too. PaPaw is so proud of you. XOXO NaNa and PaPaw
PS-the shot of you and Mom together is the best!!!