Sunday, June 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Kelland!!

This picture was taken on Kellands first birthday 3 years ago. Wasn't he the cutest with his curly locks. It's amazing how much can change in just 3 years with kids. He looks so grown up now. He will be starting prekindergarten in the fall. They just don't seem to be home long enough before they start to become more independent and leave the nest, so to speak. Out of all my children he's the least independent. Not because he's hesitant or scared but just because he's happy and content where he is now. He was my easiest baby. So cute and laid back. He took his time to do everything. Again, not because he was slow but because he was in no rush to get there. And he still is that way. I can't get him to move quick enough to get anywhere. Life is on his time and he can't be rushed. He is the kindest most loving child. Giving hugs and kisses out to anyone who shows him the least bit of kindness. He loves to sing and dance. And loves to play with his brothers. He loves play-doh and begs me to buy him some every time we are at the store. I usually give in because it's only 59 cents for one and it keeps him quite. But he doesn't play with it as much as you would think. He just carries it around with him all day and you will find it in his arms as he falls asleep at night. He actually does the same thing with water balloons. He'll beg me to fill it up for him and I do just enough to have it expand a bit but not enough for it to explode and he carries it around and will sleep with it at night. Kind of corky, but so sweet. He loves to laugh and be tickled. And has a smile that will melt your heart.
Because Kelland loves Play-Doh so much I decided to have a Play-Doh at the Park party. I have a really good friend who made this beautiful cake that looked like it was made out of play-dah. The kids kept asking me if they could really eat it. The Cake however didn't like the 90% humidity and was starting to slide to one side. It didn't matter, it was still very delicious. Silly mommy forgot the matches so we had to pretend that the candles were lite. But he still blew them out like they were. That's so funny! I love his face in all of these pictures. He looks so happy. I hope it's one he'll always remember.

Kellands doing his favorite things..........Being with friends and playing with Play-Doh!
HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY KELLAND!!!!









8 comments:

Becca & Joel said...

Totally fun party, dispite the ants and heat! Thanks for the fun memories, and awesome cake! (hooray for Krista!!!)

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Kelland! We love you so much!

Anonymous said...

In the photo of his 1. birthday Kelland looks like
Brigh - or is it the other way around?
Glad to read you all had a good time.
Kelland has changed quite a bit, but he is just
as handsome as all the Morris men at your
house.
Love & oxoxox
Grandma

Anonymous said...

That cake was Awesome! Wish I could have been there. Kelland is such a joy to have around because of all the things you mention but also because of the balance he brings to the family. I love you buddy!

Mandy Stewart said...

Love the cake. What a qt. I'm glad the party was a success.

Mandy Stewart said...

LOVE YOUR BLOG BACKGROUND

tiffany knox said...

I love you kelland. I wish I could play with play dough at your party. one of these days I will be there for your celebrations. Cherstin you're the best mom in the whole world

Anonymous said...

Hello Cherstin,
Love the new background on your blog.
It is so much better to read - you know "old
eyes"!
Hope every one is well - we are having a
heat wave.
Everything else is same old, same old. I guess
that is o.k. too.
Take of you and your little men,
love Grandma D./Oma
OXOXOX for all