Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Best Date I've Had In 3 Months!!

One of the things I try to do while Don is gone is to have one on one time with my boys. This time it was Layton's turn. They get so excited to take mommy on a date. I tell them they get to pick out where we go and what we are going to do. They get to do everything but drive. Oh, and pay for it unfortunately. Layton decided to take me to the pet store. He knew they had a really big snake there. We enjoyed looking at all the critters, a few creepy things and lots of fish. They even had some puppies to see but they couldn't play. They were sleeping. After we spent almost an hour there he wanted to take me to an early dinner. His favorite type of food is breakfast food so I was not surprised when he picked Waffle House......... Yeppie.






Most of our conversation was about the cars that were going by. He loved his meal of ham and cheese omelet with toast. And I didn't like my meal of a grilled chicken sandwich on texas toast. Would not recommend. That's what I get for not ordering a waffle. It was fun just to be with him. He is growing up to fast. Faster then he needs to be in fact and I don't want to miss it. I hope he remembers this when being seen with me is so uncool. He has already started that. He was getting all embarrassed when we were in the restaurant and I was referring to it as a date. He would look around and say"Mom stop saying it like that." I guess this is the beginning of all that. All well, I still have 3 more.

Kelland just asked me out on a date. I said yes and we will be going out real soon. It's nice to be so popular!



7 comments:

Natalie said...

Hee hee...love the last line. xoxo!

Anonymous said...

Wow - I envy you - no YOUNG or for
that matter OLD men have asked me for
a date in years!
The photos are wonderful - you both
look very pleased.
Love, Grandma/Oma 0x0x0x

PS: 25 days!!!!

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

Love those photos! Layton is such a ham!

Becca & Joel said...

My favorite pix are the OJ one and the Peek-a-boo from under the table... what a handsome fella!

Anonymous said...

Make room for me pretty lady! Not really sure how I feel about my gal hanging out with such hansome guys though...

Shari Goodman said...

What a good mom. I need to see if my boys will ask me out. Sounds fun.

daveandlisa said...

That is so cute. Looks like you guys had a good time. What a good mom you are.