Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Spotlight: Happy Birthday Natalie!!!

I chose this picture because when I think of my sister this is what I see. Totally happy, laughing hysterically, and full of fun. I love being around her because she always laughs at my jokes or my stories that I tell. And in return can always make me laugh. Natalie and I are the best of friends. We always have been. We are only 16 months apart and have always been close. We even married two guys that were best friends with each other. So needless to say when we all get together we have a blast. She has always been there for me. Encouraging me, supporting me, or just helping me to stay on the right path. It was my teenage years when she mostly did that for me. She has always had the strongest testimony and even when we were younger she was the strong one that I looked up to. She is a stubborn thing though. When she believes in something she will not budge. And has very Strong convictions. Unlike me who can easily be persuaded. A quick story: When we were growing up we had a small dog with long hair that we all loved and helped take care of. Well sometimes Snickers, our dog, Would get "dingle berries" in her fur after going out to do her business. We would all have to take turns cleaning Snickers in the bathtub, BUT NATALIE!!! She was so convincing, with her stubborn tone in her voice that she just plain wasn't going to do it, that my Mom and Dad didn't even seem to put up a fight. And even if they did she would always win because the next thing I knew I was doing it! Not fair I know, but her stubbornness is what gave her her convictions. She was even there to help remind me of who I was and what I believed in. More times then I wish to remember. I love her sense of style. She loves color and she isn't afraid to use it. She is a wonderful mother. It's not an easy job and yet she never seems to complain. She is a good example to me on being a wonderful wife also. She is so good to her husband, never talks bad about him or situations they may be in and is on his side and showing her love. But I think my favorite thing about my sister is how she loves me. I know she does, without a doubt. We have so much fun together. We are always laughing when we get together. I think we actually could lose weight just from laughing alone if we didn't like to bake so much when we get together. (Sandberg curse) I have truly been blessed to have her in my life. from the very beginning she has been there and I've never known any different. We always had a plan that we would marry and then live close to one another for the rest of our lives.(In my head that meant right next door) But life is not like that, and family and jobs have a way of changing things. But it doesn't matter the distance between us. We are always the best of friends. And nothing can compare to a sister. When you have one you are truly blessed.
Happy Birthday Natalie.
I hope you know how much you mean to me. Thanks for the laughter and for your wonderful example. Thanks for loving me and supporting me through the rough times. I will always be grateful to my heavenly father for you. And don't ever want you to know otherwise. I hope your happy and I hope you have a wonderful day!






5 comments:

Natalie said...

Thanks, Sis! You know me so well. I love you so much. xoxo!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Nat! I love how much my wifey loves you! The relationship you two have is special and clearly began before this life. I have always admired your sense of what is right and faith. I'm happy to know you, proud to be in your family and love you (like a sister of course)!

Anonymous said...

that is so sweet cherstin... About your dream last night~ sounds like a nightmare to me or maybe way too life like... I hate laundry. I am glad you are enjoying your trip. Looking forward to a ladies night. Happy birthday Natalie!! ~megan

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you -
Happy Birthday to you -
Happy Birthday dear Natalie -
Happy Birthday to you!!! (Grandma D.)

Any "friend" of Cherstin's is a friend of mine.

Glad you two are having such a good time
together.

Grandma/Oma
Hope you and the boys are well.

Emilee said...

Cherstin this is such a cute tribute to your sister! You truly do love her and I can relate since I am in the middle of the three girls in my family. It makes we want to apprectiate the people in my life in greater details. Thank you for your example! I just love you Cherstin!