Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Spotlight: Happy birthday Mandy!

I know that I've said this before but I really believe it! I truly had the best childhood ever!! My parents were great to us and tried hard to provide well and teach us right from wrong. They also taught us the importance of family. And showed us how to love one another. I have a younger brother who is serving a mission right now in Pennsylvania. (I am so proud of him) And I have 3 wonderful sisters. Growing up playing with them was magical. All the wonderful memories. Yesterday was my sister Mandy's Birthday. She is the third child. Right smack dab in the middle. That's right the "middle child". She handled it well though. Her real name is Amanda but we call her Mandy. I always thought her two names fit her so well. Because Amanda fit her responsible, independent, sophisticated side. She always seemed older then she really was. And people, I'm sure, would say it was because she had older sisters but I just think it was her. I think she was the first one to ever get a bank account at a young age and was happy to work for it. I was always impressed with that. And Mandy fit her fun, caring, easy going side. We always have so much fun when we are together. Even now. We could stay up all night eating, doing hair, playing games and laughing so hard, our sides would hurt by morning. She knows how to tell a good story and she always has one. She knows how to relate with everyone. And make them feel important and like a dear friend. Her best quality by far. She will do anything to help out and knows the exact amount of sympathy needed to comfort. ( I honestly think we can all do this well and I think we get it from mom! Love you Mom!) She is a protector. We have this in common. I remember when she was younger the bus driver that we had was being extremely mean to her and picking on her, making her cry. I remember letting that bus driver have it and ranting and raving about it to our mom. (I still get mad about that! Funny!) And just recently she was willing to pick a fight with someone who had been rude to me. That meant a lot. I know I could count on her for anything. She is beautiful! She is inspiring! And I long to be around her. I love you Sis!
I miss you Mandy!! I hope you have had a wonderful Birthday. You deserve it!
Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Mandy Stewart said...

tHANKS cHER. You all made me feel so awesome. I WISH WE WERE CLOSER. i PRAY SOMEDAY WE WILL. I didn't remember you yelling at the bus driver. MAN... she must have hated our family by the time dad called her office. Anyway... thanks for remembering me on my day! ilove you

Chelsie said...

So wonderful Cherston! What a lucky sister!