Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas series: Part 1



I know that Christmas is over now and the New Year is here already. I'm sure everybody has the same feelings I do that it's time to get on with life and to not look back because the future awaits us. But I never had time to post on the wonderful Christmas that we had. So for my sake, and the sake of my family, bare with me as I go through Christmas photos and jot down a few highlights of this wonderful time.
First off..... Goody Making! I never had helpers in the kitchen really before. So to me this was a big deal that I just had to document. Jaren and Kelland were a big help and really enjoyed themselves. Brigham would have been a helper as well but he was taking a nap. (Thank heavens)
We made these little fun treats 3 times this year because they kept disappearing and it's such an easy thing to make that the kids insisted on it.
A great holiday memory!







4 comments:

Chelsie said...

So, do you just melt it in the oven? That is so cool? Any other steps? I LOVE chocolate covered pretzels (just ask Emilee, she makes me a batch every year) I would seriously make these weekly, especially if I had such great helpers... Maybe I will just borrow of few of your kids...

Anonymous said...

Oh wow -
Those chocolate covered pretzels do look good
and fairly easy to make. Maybe I could do it too?

Bet Nana had a ball with the cookie baking!
I can hear, smell and feel the whole process.
That kitchen must have been "jumping"!

Thanks Cherstin for the update.
Best to you all - Grandma/Oma

Cherstin said...

Yes Chelsie, there is one more step. I feel dumb not showing you the final result. But after you take them out of the oven the kisses wont look melted. They will look the same as when they went in so you take red and green M&Ms (or any holiday colors) And smash the kisses down with them. The M&Ms will be in the middle of the choc kiss. Then just put them is the fridge to cool off and you are set to eat. it tastes just like choc. covered prezzles. Next time I am making them for you for sure!!!

Chelsie said...

Oh my GOODNESS!!! I can't wait to try. So yummy.