Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Like Father, Like Son


Brigham is a funny kid. He likes to mimic what we are doing a lot of the time. He likes to try out new things and never wants to be left out. He likes to pretend with Kelland. He throws the ball around the house just like Layton does. Layton even got him his own little football so he wouldn't keep taking his. He likes to put make-up on with mommy. Don hates this but I think it's cute. The only problem is he wont let me put it on. He has to do it himself so it gets all over his face. Then when he looks at himself in the mirror he gets upset that it doesn't look right. He got embarrassed when Daddy told him that it was for girls and he isn't a girl. But he just wants to see how things work and be a part of things. So when he saw Daddy pull out his laptop, I could see the little wheels turning in his head as he ran off quickly and came back with his Diego laptop in hand. He climbed on the bed and sat right next to daddy. Who knows what he was thinking in his head.......Check out all the emails in his box? updating photos on facebook? A little eBay shopping maybe? I'm sure all he cared about was that he was doing exactly what daddy was doing. I love this age of discovery. So magical and sweet.


11 comments:

tiffany knox said...

totally agree! my favorite thing is observing them and their huge personalities inside their tiny bodies. I still dont know how little people can make their voices so loud when the rest of us cant yell to save our life! how are you sis? miss talking to you lately

Emily said...

That is so darn sweet. Charlie has started to do that just a little, but he is more in observation mode still.
I love that picture of them together. Maybe he was checking the blog!
So cute, such a nice moment.
Love you!
Emily

Natalie said...

what a sweetie!

Nana/Mom said...

AGREED, watching how they put things together is amazing. Brigham in particular is REALLY interested in what is around him, what it's for, and how it works. Love the 2 of them together. Great pictures!!!!! Hugs and Kisses-Me

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

Cute photo series. This is such a wonderful age of independence!

Anonymous said...

HELLO - How much cuter and touching can
it get?
We all should be more aware of the very
fleeting times of connections and bliss.

Brig is such a wonderful little person - he
amazed me every time I saw him, when you
were here for Christmas.

Love, Grandma/Oma
oxoxox

Chelsie said...

These moments are my FAVORITE! I love it when they start making connections like that, there is just something so sweet and innocent about it.

daveandlisa said...

That is so cute! I love the picture where they're looking at each other. Adorable!

Mandy Stewart said...

My Braden does this all the time. Always tries to be like his daddy!

Mandy Stewart said...

Briggy is a sweat heart. Just look at his smile. I want to hug him... but he would prob push me away and say WHO ARE YOU

Emilee said...

Brigam is a doll! I love this age! So, I loved your post about how you and Don met. I felt like I was reading a movie or something. So cute! By the way, I put a post about you on my blog the other day. :) Love you girl