Thursday, January 1, 2009

Spotlight: Happy Birthday Mom!!!

My dear, sweet Mothers birthday was the 21st of Dec. Probably the craziest week of the whole year. We were leaving for a Christmas trip that week and actually was travailing on her birthday. I thought that it would be ok to wait because I was sure to have a moment to do a fitting tribute for her. But without Internet there was not much I could do. So alas, I had to wait and I hope this didn't bring sadness or a "bummer" birthday. I was really hoping it would all work out for her sake. She deserves SO much more then I can give. She's had a rough year I think and I wish that I could be close to her and be there for her. She's always been there for me. There is nobody else in this would that can make me feel better so instantly. She gives the proper amount of sympathy needed to pick me up from the sorrow. Through the week I was talking to a few friends and family members who are expecting babies here in the near future and the question was asked who would they want to be there with them through this difficult and exhausting time? They all agreed that they wouldn't want their mothers to be there with them and I was shocked! I guess because that is the first person (besides my husband) that I would want there. It's because of how kind and supportive she is. And her mothering way of taking care of me. She always has been that way. Never nagging. Never harsh. Just a gentle and honest love. She never tells me what to do or how to to it. She just is there to support and agree with every decision I make. And if by some chance it is the wrong one she is there to encourage me and keep me positive to carry on. I know that she is my mother and she always will be but now she is even more. She is my friend. my confidant. I go to her for everything and anything. Evey mother, daughter should have this type of relationship. It is priceless to say the least. I am truly lucky! And I realize this now. I think I take my mother and our wonderful relationship for granted. It has been clear to me this past week that it isn't the same for everybody. And I am so grateful that I am fortunate enough to have it.
Thank you Mother! For being the person that I look up to. The person that I strive to be like on a daily bases. Thank you for creating a relationship that is irreplaceable. I love you so much and hope that you can forgive me for my tardiness. You truly are the best!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
I LOVE YOU!!!!

5 comments:

Chelsie said...

Oh, you are my favorite. The way you give your tributes. What a lucky mom. Don't be suprised if you see me steal the idea...

Nana/Mom said...

Your Mom is very lucky! Patsi

Sandberg Family said...

Cherstin, Thank you so much for the wonderful things you said about me. I really appreciate it. You are such a sweetheart! I'm so blessed to have such wonderful kids and I love you so very much! Thank you honey!!! I love you! Mom

Anonymous said...

Glad you all made it home o.k.-
Happy belated Birthday to your Mom.

Keep in touch with your Mom - i was
not able to do that because of the distance.
I miss her still even though she has been
gone since 1993.
Wish she could be with me now . . . . .
You ALL take care,
love Grandma/Oma

Natalie said...

look how big my noggin is! I never knew it until I stand next to my sisters. I'm enormous! lol!