Wednesday, April 16, 2008

1st day in Pensacola Florida!

We got to Florida late Tuesday night. We stayed on the Navy base there in the Navy Lodge which was right on the beach. But before we could go to the beach we had to go see the Blue Angels fly. The Blue Angels are stationed there in Pensacola so they practice there when their home. On Wednesday morning we all got up early to go and watch them give a mini air show. It was still a big deal with a big crowd of people and a chance to meet them and have them sign something. I think Don was the one that was the most excited. He flys the big planes now but when he was training he got to fly the smaller ones that did tricks and rolls. A part of him misses doing that I think. The top picture is a family picture in front of the plane he flys. And the bottom picture and video are of the Blue Angels. Just ignore the annoying voice in the back ground. I don't know who that is:)










After the air show Don took all the boys and explained everything about the plane he flys. They had so many questions and they all seemed to be so interested in it. We even got to go inside and see where he sits and what everything is used for. They love that their Daddy is a pilot. And after this trip Brigham has a new found love for airplanes. We stayed there looking at the planes so long that they were actually asking us to leave. They closed the gates behind us. The air show was at the Navy air Museum So next we decided to go check that out. The kids loved running around looking at all the airplanes and staged War bunko's. The part the kids liked the best though were these Airplane cock pits that they could get in. Don said that they were just old simulators. The instructors would use them to help the student pilots learn the instruments. It was fun to watch them play and pretend to be just like Daddy.

































After the museum it was lunch time so we went to Ruby Tuesdays for lunch. The kids were well behaved and the food was delicious. When we walk into a restaurant with our 4 boys we always get people staring. But on the rear occasion that they do behave, I don't mind that they stare. We actually had a couple come up to us and tell us that our children were beautiful and so well behaved. I thanked them like this is how they always are but inside I was beaming.















My children have always been very loving towards each other and sometimes I forget to record it. I'm glad I got this peace of evidence, so when they get older and it's uncool or they just can't seem to get along I'll pull it out and hopefully remind them of how sweet they can be. Wishful thinking I'm sure.




Once we got back to the hotel it was time for the beach. They were so excited. The weather was in the mid to upper 70's but the water was still very cold. This is Don holding a very cold Jaren.


I love taking pictures at the beach. It is the perfect background for pictures. I really had fun taking pictures of my boys. It has confirmed my love for Photography. One of these days I'll actually do something about it but right now it's fun to play.


Kelland loves to play in sand. I'm normally yelling at him for making a mess or getting dirty. Well not when your at the beach! He loved this huge life size sand box. He still hasn't stopped talking about it.



As much as Kelland loves the sand, that's how much Jaren loves the water. To bad it was cold. He would have been in it all day. Layton likes the beach alright but he really likes playing all the sports. So he played soccer with some kids on the beach that day. I wanted him to build sand castles with me but he didn't have enough patience.






Just a beautiful picture of my little one with the most perfect background I could ever ask for.








What a long day. And what a relaxing thing to do out on the beach in the sun. We had so much fun that day. Tomorrow I'll post day 2. Sweet dreams little Kelland.












7 comments:

Natalie said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to post all that. It is so great to see it all and feel like we got to go too. I love the pic of Brig in the cockpit! xoxo

Mandy Stewart said...

That looks like everyone loved the trip. Especially Don. Let all go to photography school together. That would be fun. Georgouse pics!
Worthy of framing. I love you

tiffany knox said...

I have to say cherstin, you have exceeded my expectation for blogging. I did all this begging and now I am getting phone calls from you saying did you check my blog? I love it! you are so awesome. I feel like I know you so much better now. I hope the rest of your day went okay. I loved the pictures. I thought about you guys that whole week. keep them coming

Casey said...

That looks like so much fun. I'm sure your boys loved it. The beach looks so nice and relaxing. I'm excited that we are only a few hours away now and not days away. Now we just have to go.

daveandlisa said...

It looks like you guys had alot of fun. I love all the pics. And I agree. The beach is so much fun to take pictures at. And I love all the airplanes. I've always been fascinated by airplanes. Thanks for sharing all these pics.

Anonymous said...

Hello Cherstin,
I am going to try one more time to answer your
blog.
Enjoyed all the wonderful photos, the time clock,
etc..
Some of those photos are VERY good, like the
boots and the beach.
It looks like you had a great time!
Have tried sending you a comment 3 times.
If this is a no go I will have Steven help me next
week when he comes for Mothers Day.
Hope all is as well as can be - We are hanging in!
Love to you and the boys,
Oma

Anonymous said...

Hello again -
This time it worked!!!

The old girl can still learn new tricks.

Love to you, the boys and Donnie -
hope you hear from him soon.

Oma