Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Easter


So I know that Easter seems like forever ago but I am just now getting around to posting it. We went to visit my sister Natalie and her family for the Easter weekend. My husband and her husband were best friends in high school and still are. So when we get together it is a blast to say the least. The kids get along pretty good but it would be nice if it was a little better in that area. They're kids, what are you going to do?! Maybe someday it will be easier that way but for now we live through it. Brads parents are so wonderful to us when we come to visit. They are always acting like we are part of the family. I think mostly because when Don and Brad were younger Don spent a lot of time over at Brads house . When ever we see them they mention that. They always make us feel comfortable and it's so fun to get to know them better. They had us over for a wonderful Easter dinner and then had an Easter egg hunt for the kids. But it wasn't like any egg hunt I had ever been in. Each egg was filled with a dollar bill! The kids were so excited! Thank you Chris and Dee Dee.

I love these pictures of Brigham. There is something so magical about watching a young toddler putts around looking for eggs. He had a smile on his face the whole time. I put this picture first because I thought it captured his personality the most. Happy and very friendly. I love this little guy!!!


He kept opening the eggs and the money would keep falling out. Don would fallow behind him picking up his lost stash. He had no idea. So funny!







Cally is my sisters oldest at age 10. As you can imagine nothing could be better then money in those eggs to her. She was ready to go shopping!








Eden is one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen. Her golden hair matches her sweet angelic personality. Jaren and her are the same age so they have fun together. Out of all of our children they probably get along the best. I love to watch them play and interact with each other. Jaren talks about his favorite cousin Eden all the time.



Alex and Kelland are a few months apart and are now just starting to get closer. The last couple of times they've played pretty well and it's always fun to hear their conversations. It seems to always center around bodily functions. BOYS! They start young.





My sister and I have soooo much fun when we are together. I love that we live close enough to visit. We are only 16 months apart and so we have been close all our lives. We even married best friends for heaven sakes. We thought that it would work out better for us to always live close to one another but jobs kept getting in the way. We don't let that keep us from seeing each other though. We always have fun and it's always worth the trip just to see her.

Oh, Rainan and Layton. Can't we just get along? The source of most of the tension. They are the same age so you would think they would be close. But personalities clash big time here. It's sad really. When they do get along they seem quite happy but it doesn't take much for them to be at each others throats. Notice the sad looking Layton below. It was a hard afternoon for both of them.


I love the look on Brighams face here. A devious grin. My husband Don is trying to cheer up Layton for this picture but all he could muster was a pathetic pose showing off his favorite football team. Once a fan, Always a fan right Layton?! Daddy has taught him well.
The next day Natalie and I spent the afternoon together shopping and by Tuesday we were off to Florida for our family vacation. Thanks Natalie and Brad for the memories. We had fun!











1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics!!! All of the kids are changing so very fast, and growing up!!! XOXO Patsi/Nana