Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Last day of vacation!

On the last day we decided to venture of of the base and on to the main beach there in Pensacola. It was about 20 min away and I have to say we didn't enjoy it as much. It was dirty and crowded and the people were a bit questionable. Everybody was very nice but definitely different life styles. They had this big long peer that was a mile and a half long that we decided to walk on. When we got to the top there was a fee of 2 dollars to walk across. Don wasn't very happy about it and was trying get out of it but didn't work. There were a lot of fisherman trying to catch fish off the side and apparently this is the only use for the peer. This one guy caught a fish right as we were passing and the boys were very interested in what he was doing and what he caught. To my surprise the fish had teeth and wouldn't move until you were close enough to bit. So it was important that they didn't get to close. I think it was funny that this guy insisted on being in the picture. I think he was proud of his fish. I really didn't care about the fish I just wanted a picture of my adorable boys. Too funny!!

We then went to the boardwalk and had lunch in this little cafe. Everybody seemed to be in a bad mood for some reason. Well the kids anyway. It was hard to get them to smile for the camera. Why is it that small little cafes take forever to get food! We were the only ones inside the restaurant, I think there was another group outside, but still it took FOREVER for our food. We had plenty of time for picture taking and video shooting. Unfortunately because of this I used up all my memory. And on this camera it wont let you just delete one photo at a time. it's all or nothing. I was so mad. The rest of the day we spent on the beach . Well, Don and the kids did anyway. For me it was shopping on the boardwalk. That was the gift Don gave me for my upcoming 4 month sacrifice. It was fun to just go where I wanted to go without any little ones to have to worry about. I could take my time and shop. It was very relaxing.






In this video Brigham was just plain mad. He wasn't in a good mood and I thought it was funny. He was yelling that he wanted french fry. He had scratched me earlier and I was trying to get him to say sorry on camera but he was to mad. Some of you might see just a bratty little kid but he isn't like this very often so I found it entertaining. I'm sure nobody else did though.

We didn't get back to the hotel until late and the next day we were leaving. It was a wonderful vacation and I really enjoyed visiting Florida for the first time. Thanks for reading my in depth vacation saga. This will be going down in the history books as the best vacation ever!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW-it looks like you all had a GREAT time!! Thanks for including a pic of you too, you look fabulous darlling. It sounds like everyone enjoyed themselves. Makes me want to go to the beach right now, love ya Patsi/Nana

daveandlisa said...

What an awesome vacation. I'm so jealous. That looks totally fun. I'm glad you guys all enjoyed it. And I love the video of Brigham.

Natalie said...

I loved your in depth vacation coverage! Thanks for thinking of us. xoxo

Mandy Stewart said...

my Braden would have been a lot more mean. Briggs too cute to view as Bratty!