Friday, April 11, 2008

Spotlight: Happy Birthday Tiffany!

Today my little sister Tiffany is turning 26. Even though she has been married awhile and is a mother of three, I still find myself thinking of her as the little kid that would follow me around on Saturday afternoons. She was soo cute as a baby. Very petite with dark hair, blue eyes . Not much has changed. She looks the most different from all of us and I can vaguely remember teasing her about that. Poor Tiffy, I'm afraid we weren't very nice to her as a kid. She was the little sister always getting in the way. It's funny that I never saw that as a sister but now that I am a mother I can see it and I'm a little ashamed to say I was like that. She was very social. She always had a lot of friends and still does. She was very athletic and I secretly was jealous of that. I loved the fact that she could keep up with the boys. I always wanted to do that. There is 6 years between us so I really don't remember to much of her teen years. I guess that's why I still see her as a little kid. But slowly I am getting to know her better. Tiffany seems to always have trials to over come. She seems to have to go through more then the average person. And I'm ALWAYS amazed at her resilience. Her strength to endure is noteworthy to say the least. And her optimism in these situations is what pulls her through. I love that she still looks up to me. And that she feels like she can come to me for anything. Her Son is now being tested for the same Immune deficiency that my boys have because he has been sick and also because it is genetic. I feel like we have become closer trough all of it. I'm glad that I went through it first so that I could be there for you later. I am also so grateful that she married such a wonderful man. I love that he takes good care of her. and treats her the way she deserves to be treated. We've all joked about this but have always agreed that she was the princess in the family. And She defiantly found her prince.
Tiffany I hope you have a wonderful Birthday. I hope that you feel loved today by all of us. Your a wonderful wife, mother, sister, and now friend. You make me laugh, you give me strength and lots of love. I hope I can do the same for you. I miss you and wish I could be with you today. I would sooo take you to lunch and then go shopping all afternoon. How fun would that be?!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIFFANY!!!
I LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

tiffany knox said...

what can I say after that! youre so sweet and it is so special to me to read that. I don't think I have more trials than the average person. I can honestly say I'm blessed. I have felt so special this week! I dont think mom and dad viewed me as the princess of the family and since I practically looked like the football players in high school I didnt feel very princess like so its astonishing but exciting to read that. thanks for the tribute cherstin and what other scary pictures of me are you holding captive?

Cherstin said...

I knew you wouldn't like that picture. i didn't think you looked bad in the picture. you do have a bed head look I guess. Your husband took it with our camera and asked if we would send it to him. we haven't yet but he seemed to think you were extra cute in it?! Sorry it's all I had. Come and visit and i'll get more:) I think it was mom and dad who started the whole princess thing.